Friday, February 24, 2012

Great What?

So I refilled the printer at work and was unwrapping the package it came in. Something about the package didn't seem right. It was Hammermill's Great White. The sharks didn't look right. They didn't look like Great White Shark(s) to me (it's actually one shark, that was duplicated, but hey, they're a paper company, right?).

See, I've been drawing sharks since I was a kid, so there are a few things I noticed about the anatomy of a shark, particularly the great white shark.

So the picture didn't sit well with me and so I start studying it a little more and determine that it's not a Great White Shark but a Bull Shark.

Tomato, Tomahhto you say? Well, think about that the next time you take a bite out of a Habanero chili instead of a Pablano. If course, you will be too busy drinking water or shoving ice in your mouth to say much, just make the hit stop, Mommy!

This is like making an Apple Pie with McIntosh apples, close but no cigar. It's going to taste totally different. Totally.

So why do I care? Well, first, I caught it, do there's that. Secondly, it's not correct. Like a misspelled word in a letter to a College Admissions Board, it's going to count against you.

Thirdly, who can't do the requisite research on something that is going to be printed millions of times so that they don't look like idiots when someone DOES notice?

Any shark will do. Just slap one up there. Hell, put a frog, what does it matter to me? It's just sloppy design.

No comments: